While Alabama Center for Reproductive Medicine offers competitive pricing for fertility treatments, we understand that procedures and medications can create a financial burden. To try and ease the financial stress in an already emotionally taxing time, the financing tips below may offer insight into potential options for patients.
- Health Insurance – The first thing we recommend is that patients completely understand their health insurance coverage. Because fertility treatment coverage is often quite complicated, we recommend speaking to a representative from your insurance company over the phone. This will allow you to determine how much you may be required to pay for potential treatments or medications.
- Apply for a Healthcare Credit Card – ACRM-Alabama partners with CareCredit help patients with out-of-pocket expenses for their medical treatments. Online applications provide an instant credit decision and are simple to complete. Once approved, this card can be used to complete most payments with ACRM. Financing of IVF series may be paid over 6 to 60 months.
- Medication Discounts
- EMD Serono – This biopharmaceutical company provides discounts for many commonly prescribed medications. The “Compassionate Care” program provides financial support based on income. Their rebate program also provides discounts for out-of-pocket patients.
- Pharmacies – Different pharmacies have different pricing for medications and unique agreements with insurance companies. By requesting quotes for medications you may be able to find the best pricing for your unique case. Pharmacies we recommend include: Mandell’s Clinical Pharmacy, Merck Pharmaceuticals, Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Schrafts 2.0 Pharmacy, Glen Rock Pharmacy, and Metro Drugs Pharmacy.
4. Military Discounts
- EMD Serono This company also provides discounts for medically retired veterans and active members of the military. While coverage differs depending on the individual, patients may receive free medication or be eligible for a 25-75% discount.
- Parenthood for Me – This grant provides financial support for couples who qualify based on income levels. They also take into account personal references and previous procedures patients may have received.
- Tinina Q. Cade Foundation – This family building grant can be applied for by US citizens who have been diagnosed with infertility. The grant is offered two times a year and funding quantities change depending on donations through the organization.